Among all kinds of chromium deposits, Chinese chromium deposits are typical magmatic deposits related to ultrabasic rocks. Most of them belong to ophiolite type, and the deposits occur in ophiolite belt.
Chromium is one of the most widely used metals, its pcocessing methods mainly include the following.
(1) Gravity Separation: such as jigging, shaking table, spiral chute, heavy medium cyclone, etc.
(2) Magnetoelectronic separation: including high-intensity magnetic separation and high-voltage electric separation.
(3) Flotation and flocculation.
(4) Joint Separation: such as gravity electrification.
(5) Chemical beneficiation: treatment of very fine and refractory chromium ore.
In the above-mentioned chromium ore beneficiation methods, gravity separation is mainly used in production, and shaking table and jigging separation are often used. Sometimes gravity concentrate is furtherly processed by magnetic separation to further improve the grade of chromium concentrate and the ratio of chromium to iron.